Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Changes ahead

Friends.  It's been over a year since I've written for you.  There are several reasons for this.  The main, I've realized, is I detest stopping my cooking flow to take pictures.  Not so great for a food blog.  I'd think about writing about a recipe but then realize I had no pictures and who wants to look at a recipe blog without pictures?  I get too in the moment when I cook.... too into the ingredients, the smells, the measuring, the stirring, the watching.... to stop my concentration and take a photograph.  So, Foodie Life is changing.  Yes, there will still be food.  Probably lots of food.  But there will also be thoughts, dreams, goals, projects, opinions (several), insights, and just plain ol' rants.  I'm really good at rants.  I already have a couple in mind.

So what have I been up to for the last year?  If you're just catching up on things, (doubtful in our facebook world...) things in my tiny portion of the world have changed drastically in the last 365+ days.  Last summer my husband and I went on a mission trip to Haiti.  It changed us.  We loved it.  We sweat a lot.  We want to go back someday.

We returned to the States to find out a few days later I was pregnant with our first child.  We were shocked at the surprise (surprise!!) and I was terrified.  For about a day.  Then when it sunk in that I had a little tiny baby growing inside of me I fell instantly in love.  I was so excited for this new adventure.  (This coming from the person who was never going to have kids....)  So I had a baby!!  Exactly one year to the day from my last post (weird much?).  My life changed instantly on June 5th, 2013 when this guy made me a mama.  Pleased to introduce Marcus Keith Hutton..


My tiny little Perfect.   My little nugget of Heaven here on earth.  A piece of my heart living outside of me.  I can't imagine my life without him, the overwhelming love was so instantaneous.  But that is an entire blog post (or 10,000) of it's own.... 

So life's changed more than a bit.  And I've realized over the last 8 weeks of my motherhood experience I need a written outlet.  I have millions of thoughts bouncing around inside of my head at any given time - it's exhausting!!  I want to record them.  Or just get them out.  Some I want to share, some I don't, but I need a place to get them out and written down.  And actually writing the whizzing thoughts down takes so.long and leaves me with a pretty severe arm/wrist/hand cramp.  Typing is much better for me.  So this is my new journal of sorts.  Love it, hate it, share your opinions.  Mind you, if your opinion is hateful it will likely be removed.  (Freedom of speech may be your right, but you have a choice in hurting others.  Again, a post for another time...)

So toodles for now, and I'll write again soon

KDH.

No comments:

Post a Comment