Thursday, February 24, 2011

BLUEBERRIES!!!

 Picture courtesy of culture.spalaska.com

Oh my gosh... I.Love.Blueberries.  And they are on SALE this week at Safeway!  Right now, through next Tuesday, buy one 6oz container and get a second FREE!!  These little cartons are usually $4 each in the off season (now) so this is a smokin' hot deal saving you $4.98 on 2 cartons. 

My favorite way to eat fresh blueberries?  Why in vanilla yogurt of course..  The way I eat it, the yogurt is really just a vehicle for the blueberries.... Y.U.M.  And incredibly healthy! 
Yogurt = calcium, vitamins A and D, protein, and live active cultures at a low calorie cost. 
Blueberries = low cal, high antioxidant powerhouse fruit.  Mix in granola and you've got a meal, baby.

Other close second favorite ways to eat blueberries:
  • My mother's blueberry cobber.  If you're lucky I'll share the recipe someday
  • Crumble ginger snap cookies, toss in blueberries, sprinkle on cinnamon, microwave for 40 seconds, top with  a dollop of whipped cream
  • FRESH...BY THE HANDFUL
Did I mention I love blueberries?  Surely I will be visiting safeway for yogurt and blueberries a few times before next Tuesday, this deal is just too good to pass up....

Enjoy!  KDH.

1 comment:

  1. YUM I love mom's cobbler. It's a good thing I'm so spoiled that she makes me my very own dessert for thanksgiving since I don't like pumpkin pie. Can you say youngest child? Yes, and proud of it.

    ReplyDelete